Wednesday 2 August 2006


MultiSeek was my first (and only) multi-threaded program.

It stemmed from a competition set by a close friend of mine.

I was living away from home back in '97 and was trying to understand multi-threaded applications. He bet me that I couldn't write something by the end of week. I couldn't and failed. But I did eventually get something out.

The hardest part was having something to write.

[Additional note: this is before markup progressed to the likes of XML and web-APIs were only in their infancy.]

Eventually this mess that looks kinda like code, below, will be commented and cleaned up. It's mainly here because I wrote it ages ago and seems like such a waste to throw away.

Update: This code has been taken, cleaned-up and been made real pretty. See it on:

No comments:

Post a Comment