What would be handy is if I could easily turn an email into a new to-do inside Things.
Of course, Google to the rescue and I discovered a couple of scripts that utilise Mail.app's bundle (plugin) functionality and SIMBL that do just that.
- Quit both Mail.app and Things
- Download and unzip this file to ~/Library/Mail/Bundles (you may need to create this directory if it doesn't exist)
- Download and unzip this file to ~/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins (you may also need to create this directory if it doesn't already exist)
- Open Terminal and execute the following command:
$ defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles -bool YES
- Start mail.app and Things. (Things needs to be running to accept the incoming messages)
Thanks go to "fedex" for his scripts and, of course, Cultured Code for their awesome software.