- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 2-4 tablepoons sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- a small splash of vanilla extract
- 1 large coffee mug
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug -- dont be alarmed!
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Eat with ice cream.
Update: Corrected recipe to use tablespoons instead of teaspoons and added the use of self-raising flour from numerous recommendations on the net.